Draft Happy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chase Twist!

4 posters

Go down

Chase Twist! Empty Chase Twist!

Post  Jason L. Wright Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:37 pm

Thanks to Mitch Lancaster, we have decided to add a TWIST to the Chase! Mitch has allowed us to use his 240 man TEAM SPEAK 3 Server. What a Face And though we havnt decided EXACTLY how we want to do this, we have some ideas you all may like.

1: Starting Chase week (or even now if you like) Everyone can pick 1 to 3 teammates who will in turn receive their own TS3 Room. You can work together in strategy to win the championship! If done 2 man teams, there could be a solid 6 teams battling for the championship, whereas 3 man teams about 4 teams.

2: Alternately we could keep teams unassigned and you can work with different drivers throughout the rest of the Season via TS3.

Please any suggestions!? Les us know!

Jason L. Wright
Admin

https://drafthappy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Chase Twist! Empty Re: Chase Twist!

Post  Jason L. Wright Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Feedback very appreciated lol

Jason L. Wright
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Yott Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:05 pm

I vote for option 2. It's way too late in the season to change the format of the league, and I'm not making extra trophies.....lol

Jason Yott
Squad Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseph Wright Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:09 pm

I think in the next season we should take the Steve Herzberg approach as stated in option 1 but for the rest of this season, exercise option 2. But i think we could get some really good racing going under a team format like Steve wanted. Anyone heard anything?

Joseph Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason L. Wright Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:04 am

I think i confused Yall.

I wasnt suggesting we change the format. I was simply suggesting we pair up members of this squad to help eachother in the Chase. No different than how NASCAR already has it formatted. Just 2 or 3 grouped together to help eachother with pit strategy and what not. I was saying, if everyone picked a partner or 2 for the chase i think it would really shake things up. Nobody likes to pit alone at a super speedway lol.. Except maybe Helge xD. However, i agree maybe doing a TEAMS LEAGUE format for next season could be cool. Maybe we will have a handful more members by then? Be sure to spread the word about Draft Happy to those who you are confident would "mesh" well with th rest Razz.

As for Steve,

I was thinking about that, Yott told me the Vent server was down that steve owned. Im assuming he had to pay monthly/yearly for it, in which case, i can only think of 3 reasons it would be down. 1: Steve took it down intentionally.. 2: The server was having technical difficulty and might be back up by now: 3: (worst case) He is deceased and upon being notified by steves bank, TeamSpeak shut down his account. I just hope we find out 1 way or another.

EDIT: I found Steve's Buddy "John LoPresto Jr" On Facebook. Sent him a friend request, il let yall know the details as soon as i know.

Jason L. Wright
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Helge Gravemeyer Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:03 am

Jason L. Wright wrote:
Nobody likes to pit alone at a super speedway lol.. Except maybe Helge xD.

Various reasons to pit alone:

a) I have a early Brakepoint, in Pulk it makes often Probs. To lost draft by accident is annoying.

b) I'am fast Shocked and have mostly good Pitstops. After Pitstop Leadergroup often resolved in small groups. Give more Chance for a good Result.

c) Tactic, i love to play with tactical. Many risk, but if it works many fun.

In addition, the fastest Driver mostly can't win a race on SSW alone without help. For me alone it is ok, i drive for fun, not for win. But in a Teamchallenge i have to drive for results, that minimize tactical games.

For a Teamchallenge Teamspeak is a good idea. That can work excellent for a good team (2 or 3 Driver). I do it in a Germanleague (NR2003) with a friend and he win the Championship and our Team the Teamchampionshipchallenge. He are the better Driver, i make the Tactic. Ours tactic in 35 from 36 Races better then the from the other teams.

But lost a Driver his Team, he have no chance to speak with other. That is the drawback.

So i think for great Events or Teamchampionships a Teamspeakchannel is a good idea. To learn for Rookies it is better all Driver in one Teamspeakchannel.

Helge

Helge Gravemeyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason L. Wright Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:50 pm

Well Said Helga Smile

Oh and.. I was only joking when i said You like to pit alone lol. Though, its not much of an advantage if the drivers who pit together get just as good of a pit stop as you do on a super speedway :S

Jason L. Wright
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Helge Gravemeyer Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Jason L. Wright wrote:Well Said Helga Smile

Oh and.. I was only joking when i said You like to pit alone lol. Though, its not much of an advantage if the drivers who pit together get just as good of a pit stop as you do on a super speedway :S

NP,

i understand this Joke. Twisted Evil

Pit-Stop, Draft in 2-wide, 3-wide, Inside, Outside etc.is training. Everybody can learn this, on all Tracks. Make this 1000 x in training and in Race it is going automatic and to 99,9 % better as without training..

But many Drivers make in Practice rather Hotlaps then training.

Helge

Helge Gravemeyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Yott Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:42 pm

I agree with that 100%. I learned how important pit stops are during the NR2003 days in the papyloops that had 3x wear and you had to make a pitstop in a 20 lap no caution race.

Jason Yott
Squad Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down